My dad holds a strange fascination...

Morpheuz
This post is 4518 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I do like marine fish! i own a few tropical fish in my 4ft fish tank. (spent a pretty penny setting it up lol)

In my tank i have,

10inch long fire eel called larry

4 golden barbs

Two common plecs one is 15inchs long and the other is 6inches

A rainbow shark,

A few mollies

And here are the ones i had but died :(

Two African Ghost knife fish

Four silver sharks

Four Red nosed torpiedos

Red clawed Crab (killed by my small plec)

Male Jap fighter (killed by my big plec)

School of neon tetras (sucked into my old filter)

I had a Brasilian night fish but he was an agressive fucker so took him back to the shop lol

I love to sit and watch them at night if there is shit all on TV and my little girl (8 months old) loves to watch them before she gose to bed, I think its a good hobby to have (bar bike riding) its just rewarding knowing you have set up a good fish tank thats thriving and just see all the colours that they give off when your tank is healthy.

Yeah, they are good, and you become proud when the eco system levels itself out, crystal clear water, beautiful enviroment...

I've had a few goldfish, some snails in my room.. but there is a pond outside that has nearly a thousand fish in, most are rudd, but ghost karp, goldfish, mirror karp, clams and other stuff are in there. Its nice to see them, unfortunately a wild pond isnt something that can be easily filtered.

Leaves, moorhen shit, twigs and stuff all take its toll, I added some invasive snails to it and they thrived, hopefully they will clean it up a bit, the water level is up and down all the time, plants dont do well, only reeds.

yer plants dont last long in my tank as the plecs either eat them or dig them up so if and when i buy more i always chuck half a cucumber in the tank to take them away from the plants. also gives them some thing to play with and chase arount the tank lol.

Ponds are good and i do like those ghost karp, a mate of mine has a pond n has about 30-40 Coi karp in there, he's had the pond since he was 14 (birthday precent lol) and when he moved out of his mums he took it with him.

Dose that pond belong to you or your dad?

Yeah, bought with the house, its not the best set up, I think originally it was meant to help with the flooding as the house has been built on risen ground.

Its got some bricks in the bottom, probably covered in algae and stuff but if we were staying he would have got most fish out and dug the sides out and have grass grow right down a slope to the water.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online