Most econmical big bike (not 125's or 250's)

Tris1993
This post is 4567 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My Divvy (98 XJ600N) will return 64ish-mpg on a big run, motorways @ 70ish. Regular running will still see around 60mpg, although I'm not the fastest of riders and there are some that will say the Divvy is not the most interesting of bikes. Suits me fine :o)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

What a waste of time, ended up buying exactly what he didn't want suggested.

I would have said go old, i mean REAL old not late 2003 or something. Find something 4 stroke, late 80's gem hiden away and with only a very small amount more maintainance you could have saved a packet on insurance, classic specified value etc. Thats a lot of fuel and a lot more street cred. Agood FZ750 for ex would have been spot on. Fast, reliable.

Ah well.

• 2 weeks later...

hey Cynic my insurance is cheap enough on it around £400 TPFT and for the please of riding this rather than my ybr it was worth that alone lol and when i reinsure (september) quotes are coming back at £190 and the cheapest i can find for the lil ybr is around £260, seems mad to me but we all know insures just use a random number generator to get there quotes, there absolute bolocks lol, is running sweet as a nut anyway my new little 500, shame i had to ride it through the back end of winter though, hasnt done the paint any favours :(

You said......

and please dont suggest an er-5, gs500, or cb500... there to much like learner bikes and im trying to get away from those :P

cheers people :)

I said......

What a waste of time, ended up buying exactly what he didn't want suggested.

I would have said go old, i mean REAL old not late 2003 or something. Find something 4 stroke, late 80's gem hiden away and with only a very small amount more maintainance you could have saved a packet on insurance, classic specified value etc. Thats a lot of fuel and a lot more street cred. Agood FZ750 for ex would have been spot on. Fast, reliable.

Ah well.

And i stand by every word, a tidy FZ as an example will be a better ride in just about every single respect than the honda. By saving insurance, what would the quote be on a bike of the sort you were initially asking after?

Same thinking i apply to myself, my range rover is a bit juicy but costs the same to run as any comparable vehicle. So do i have an anonymous korean tow car for 20K+ or a real tidy 4.6 rangy with sports headers. Same with my bikes, got rid of my 600 for the TDR, same reasons. Looks, comfort, they are a little bit naughty and not wanting to be 'another one' swayed the deal.

not to mention it was two strokes too many :spin2:

..... :wank4az:

Who's been talking.....