TDM850 Topbox

Spezza
This post is 4638 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Heres some useful topbox info for TDM850 and probably topboxes generally. I bought my bike in October (just in time for winter!) and needed a topbox. Looked at Givi but didnt want to spend £200-£300 on Givi brackets, plate and box so managed to come up with a comprimise. The Givi brackets are essential as they are taylored to the bike and think they are the cheapest out there - about £80 from Mad4Bikes for TDM850. Fitting it isnt for the faint-hearted and be careful not to dismantle more than you have to - huh-hem! Givi sell a seperate plate (about £40) but i didnt need this in the end. The topbox i bought was a huge Tech7 48litre jobby which you can find on Amazon. For £50 they come with a fixing plate which just about fits on the Givi brackets. To fit the Tech7 plate to the Givi brackets you will need to open up the slots in the plate once you've figured the exact location and the two go together easily. Getting the 80mm hex bolts down through the plate and into the blind bracket trunnions was bit of a laugh and requires patience!

So in the end I spend £130 and reckon I saved over a hundred. Not a bad days work!

cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online