dt125 will tick over but wont rev ????

crawford79
This post is 4398 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi having problems with my dt 125. I started with the engine spluttering when you hit the power band intermittent but getting worse throughout the day now it will start tith the choke only and wont rev at all had carb off cleaned it thought it might have been float setting but there was plenty of fuel in the bowl checked reeds there ok to someone told me it could be the head gasket pulling air in could it do that? someone help me please!!!!!!!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If your gaskets gone it could be pulling air in, it makes the air to fuel ratio to lean, hence why it needs choke, if it is the head gasket it will need replacing. running it on choke will only ruin the insides, it will be lean then rich at high revs, coking stuff up.

Welcome crawford " Has the bike been standing, [ not in use..] When starting, choke jet is opened via lever/ then the first 1/8th of throttle is Pilot jet, then as venturi builds up needle jet regulates fuel , then wen wide open throttle is Main jet.

Now , sounds like pilot jet needs removed and cleaned,,, :eusa_think:

• 4 months later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online