Applecross " spectacular road,

This post is 4643 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Thought i share this, on these dark nights,,, maybe this summer ,we could plan a run pat .plinningas ?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Great vid Blackhat. Thanks for sharing!

Certainly helps to blow the winter cobwebs away!

The "Pass of the Cattle" run should be on everybody's list of to-do's for sure.

But be wary of the weather!

This is the same road when we did it last year. Low cloud and howling wind on the day!

Couldnt see a thing for most of the way!!..............

S73F7724.jpg

V.

i have loads of questions about this run , but here's three of them.(for now)

1. where is it.

2. how far from start to end is it.

3. why are they going so fuckin slow.

In answer to your No1. Its here!!...............

applecross.jpg

And for anyone touring the west coast of Scotland on a bike, its a must!

V.

Yeh kev its haul and a half " i stay on east coast , between the dundee- Aberdeen , and its 4 hrs from me to that point, but its the only true wilderness in the brittish isles,

no Mcdonalds :hungry: over there, or petrol stations, [ 1.70 per litre] pump at shop / post office, Pat was on about it last year,, its a real adventure up N/west, :jossun:

cheers ventura,

it's a shame that my rd will never verture all that way.

my arse just couldn't take all that abuse.

but if i ever drive up that neck of the wilderness hiring a bike is always an option.

i have loads of questions about this run , but here's three of them.(for now)

1. where is it.

2. how far from start to end is it.

3. why are they going so fuckin slow.

1 - Already answered

2 - From the sign at the bottom to Applecross itself is just over 11 miles, but you can keep going round to Shieldaig and push it up to 40-odd with every bend opening up yet more stunning scenery - here's more vid of that:

3 - As is evident in the above video - single track road, surfaced in gravel, worn patches, potholes and sheepshit, then throw in the unwanted attentions of sheep and tourists not watching the road (more sheep, really!) ..... Anyway, it's all about looking at the jaw-dropping views, not setting a new lap record. Ideal bike for this would be a big traillie (my old Dommie 650 loved it!) or super retard motard, maybe a TDR250?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online