600cc first big bike

Columbo
This post is 4469 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Columbo

Visit--------- confused.com-------- :hyper:

They both b good bikes,,,,,,,, bandit b that bit cheeeeeeeeeper

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who you callin cheep!

er,,,,, i mean,,,,, what im sayin is,,,,,, cheeper ta buy !!

Jeepers thats shiney Paul,,,,, what year be it ?

Both of your bikes are looking good!

Fazer 2001

Fazer2.jpg

Fazer4.jpg

• 1 month later...

I know its all Bandit here and fazer there but... and it may be a bit old school by now but my first big bike and still have it is a 98 diverson N 600. Came with a restriction cert (and the bits) too. I'm only 5 10 at about 13.5 stone but I regularly carry a shed load of gear and get about 55mpg. It's damn easy to work on, reliable, cheap to insure and really easy to remove the restriction plates. cost me £900 about a year ago. 19k on the clock. Just a thought.

Here is what I've got as my first big bike:

IMAG0317.jpg

It came with set of vario luggage set and never did less than 65 mpg (80+ mpg on the motorway).

I bet as raliability it beats almost every Japanese bike.

And you can find twinspark models for less than £2K.

Only 2 or 3 colous though, and I don't like the light blue. The real choiche was between red and yellow.

Regards

G.

p.s. Restriction kit can be found for £20 (used) if you ask the right people and is very easy to mount ...they say.

I thought you were getting a bandit?

Hate to step into all this pro-suzuki, pro-bandit nonsense (fazer and bm aside), but we are a Yam forum, are we not?

I suggest the new 2009-on XJ6 - if you haven't already got something - some are now on ebay at very low money (2.5k up). Far better built than a suk and so new that it will be a while before you encounter reliability problems.

All this pro-suzuki? come-on guys, what are you thinking! :crazy::eusa_doh:;)

I've just bought an XJ6 S diversion from Carrick Yamaha Edinburgh with free restricter kit supplied and fitted by Yamaha.Passed my test in August last year on a 125 so restricted to 33bhp I was a bit worried about the bike performance once restricted but all I can say is once I stop grinning is wow this is more then enough power for a new rider. I'm going on a trip round the west of Scotland in June so I got a Yamaha mono-key top box and rack fitted at the dealers and a set of Buffalo saddle bags so I have the option to remove when not needed. I spent a lot of time looking at different bikes and settled for the XJ6 because of the reports I read about it. The restrictor is a throttle stop attached the the carbs you only get about a 1/4 turn on the twist grip but as most of the power is at the lower end you don't seem to miss out once in top gear there is still enough throttle to over take without down shifting, anyway I'm having a great time getting to know the bike and I'm sure I've made the right choice