XJ600s exhaust

bigmike500
This post is 7146 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

i am in need of a little help, i have got a 96 XJ600s diversion and the Y connectors of the downpipes are completely rotted away, anyway i have ordered some new replacement downpipes from D&K. my question is, is there any special gasket that i need to connect the Y connector to the excisting can? or does it slide in and a exhaust clamp to seal it?

need to know ASAP as i plan to do it this weekend.

Thanks a lot

Mike

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Not totally positive about the Divvy, but the older XJ's just slipped in with a clamp to seal it. There might be a metal gasket (a ring of sorts) that's inside where the downtubes slide in......if they're there, they sould be easily visible. ;)

HTH

BTW.... :welcome: to the Forum :)

There might be a metal gasket

:D i hope theres not as that would complicate things a bit!! need to to see if there is a parts manual out there somewhere! if anyone could help i would be very happy!

Cheers Yamahead, sure this won't be my last workshop post!!

Mike

tonight before it got dark i took the end can off and now i can see a problem. the end can has a overlip thats welded to the endcan. on mine this is completely gone though rust, apart from a little stump. so i plan to patch it up with an exhaust bandage at the join. then find someone who is handy with a welder to weld on this overhang buy using a larger diameter aluminum pipe that can be compressed by a exhaust clamp onto a gasket.

Has anyone got any suggestions for this plan? and does anyone know anyone that is handy with a welder in the south east of england,

cheers

Mike

Not totally positive about the Divvy, but the older XJ's just slipped in with a clamp to seal it. There might be a metal gasket (a ring of sorts) that's inside where the downtubes slide in......if they're there, they sould be easily visible

the early XJ yam has always had a gasket between the down pipes and the collector box

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online