Is this a pressure switch XV 750?

neversaydie
This post is 4508 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

PC280314.jpg

Been doing some servicing today. When I fired the bike back up, oil was leaking from the filter cover plate, cause I must have nicked the outer o ring when refitting. Im not worried about that as new o rings should sort it., but I also noticed a steady drip from 20 - protector- on the dwg. I dont know what it protects as I cant find anything that fits in the protector in the servoce manual. Im guessing here that there might be a presure switch under the protecto and that the dropping is due to the leaking past the o ring?

I never touched the protector so nothing shoukld have affected its performance, whatever it is

Can anyone tell me if Im right, and that replacing the blown o ring will also stop the protector from dripping?

Thanks

Ray

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sorted.

New o rings in, no more leaks from the oil filter cover plate, and the bonus was no more drips from the protector. I now reckon that the oil had run down the small cable clip-across the bottom of the crankcase and into the protector-where it then dripped out of the hole. Couldnt initially see this as the protector stands off a couple of mill from the crankcase.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online