New but Old Hello to all

ArcheRD350
This post is 4530 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello

My first bike was a 1972 Yamaha RD350, my second was a 1970 Honda CB350, currently I have an 1982 Maxim 400 XS400J and a little toy 1999 Honda Dream C-100.

I pulled my vintage 1982 Yamaha Maxim 400 Model XS400J out of storage in 2007 after it sat since 1991. ahd to do a lot of work but I got it up and running.

I was wondering if anyone knows how many of these bikes were made and how many are still on the road.

Mine has 5500 original Miles all original parts except head light and tires.

I am looking for a set of carburators to replace mine. The idle screw plate broke off and there was a crack inside the housing of the float valve assembly. I bought the bike new and it never ran right, it always flooded or overflowed into crank case. The shop could never figure it out. That is the reason I put it in the shed. I only recently discovered the real problem. I venture to guess the metal used for the Mikuni BS-34 carb was substandard. I have temporarily fix it with some epoxy and now it is running better than it ever did.

Does anyone know of a new set of after market carbs I could buy to relace these with?

Also I am looking for any parts or a non-running bike with good parts just for spare.

I am currently serving in the Philippines and there are very little parts available here.

glad to join the club.

Live, Love and Ride Yamaha.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome Arch" :jossun: there are still pards available for these old japs,, esp in thialand. ebay search,, world=wide should bring up spares,,

welcome Archie, you may have to get a second set of carbs as they are not liste dby ebay ATM. I think there is a NOS on ebay ATM but are £270 :scared:

I think there is a set on CMSNL.com too.