1st time for me......

YamaHead
This post is 7150 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

.....to actually ride a Harley (well, Harley powered anyway) bike, after riding primarily Yams for 20 years. Went out for a ride last night over to a Harley-riding buddy of mine's place. He let me have a go on his recently bought Buell S1 Lighnting. Definitely NOT a stocker either.....120bhp, 108 ft./lbs. of torque.......got a cerami-coated header with a V&H can......42mm flat-slide Mikuni......& the whole package only weighs about 425lbs. B)

What a burley sounding Beast this is too......Very Addicting!!! :thumb:

A bit like a Big-Block Vette.....lightweight with LOADS of Grunt!

I want one!!! :P

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Them loud buggers, dont ur arms get sore from leaving them hanging up there for so long?

No Ape-Hangers on this Beast Smitty......just a nice flat SuperBike bar.

Which accompanies the factory rear-sets quite well. B)

True Alex.....they are a bit odd looking......& 90hp is in stock form.

The one I rode was just like that, only in Black B) ......with a Cerami-coated Header & V&H aftermarket can.....42mm Flat-Slide Mikuni.....& some headwork done by a Reputable Machinist. My buddy showed me the Dyno papers resulting right around 120hp. B)

The throttle response was "Right Now" :blink: ....& it truly felt as light as my old Seca 550.....which also was about 425lbs.

I'd love to be able to take it for a "Real" ride through the twisties though. ;)

• Admin

i still like the bikes, i think its the innovative front brakes that do it for me. What did it stop like? :unsure:

The newer Lightnings have that front "Rim" type brake with the inverted calipers.....Now those look Cool & are quite innovative. B)

The one I rode has the same brake as pictured above......(6-piston unit) that's actually made by Brembo :thumb: ....it stopped Great!

But the floater pins holding the rotor were worn excessively--so they rattled, especially @ idle.....sounded like it had that Dry Clutch chatter! B)