Ybr125 maintenance Help!!

Unzy
This post is 4484 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've had my YBR for around 2 months now and here's what I've worked out...

Keep it clean to keep the rust away

Check oil every few days - top it up with the correct oil (10w40 i think) if you need to. Get it checked if you're constantly topping up because that may indicate a leak.

Check tyre pressure before you go for a ride (it takes two seconds) - Give em a quick squeeze. If they feel a little squishy - give em a proper check and top em up to recommended pressures. (25psi front - 29psi back (up to 90kgs)(41psi on the rear if over 90kgs)

Its a Japanese bike so its well built (almost bulletproof - ALMOST)

Oil lube depends on the chain, some have rubber o rings or something wierd...

I use whatever I have, they reccomend this sticky stuff for actual chains but I hate it, all it does is stop fling, but its stickyness grabs a tonne of dirt, its not the best lube either.

If you can heat a grease to a liquid then apply that after a long ride so the chain is warm, that lasts.

They say the wetter the better as it gets under the rollers and everything, only problem is it has to be done regulary and it flings.

I use ordinary thick oil, after a long ride, then I give it a wipe and a quick blast to get rid of fling, then clean whatever has flung off.

It's also advisable to check all your lights and horn before u ride the bike I used to check mine every few days or so,last thing u want is to end up with points etch,it takes about 2 mins,don't forget to check your brake fluid level,and NEVER polish your seat just wash it down with a damp cloth. Don't use wax or back to black on it etch. It makes the seat slippery, and you will slide about.