Yamaha DT175MX Project

mw0dbb
This post is 4493 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi John,

Welcome but to save you from a rather un friendly welcome from the rest i would advise you go to the introduction page and tell every one about yourself as no one will want to help out someone they dont know.

Best regards

............ Anyone have any good places to try?

There's quite a few.

A lot depends on where you are?

Giz a clue!? :)

V.

Ah yes!! Location would help! I'm in North Wales on Anglesey! The bike is a 1983 model which has been sat in my shed for about 18 months now, and I'm finally getting around to doing something with it! The engine was in a bit of a state as the small end bearing had fallen apart and has damaged the crank cases aswell as the barrel etc... I have managed to get another engine which requires building but I need to get the barrel rebored! I suspect that it has never been done as there is no numbers on the crown of the piston.

I'm not that bothered if its not local, just not sure on where to look?

Thanks again, John

John, as we speak Im on your doorstep (ish) in Holyhead.

I work on that big (the biggest!) ferry to Dublin. Another Xmas at work!!

What you need to do is take your barrel to Grampian Motors in Crosby (Liverpool)

www.grampianmotors.co.uk

They'll rebore it and give you a piston kit, while you wait, and will cost about £60 all-in.

Job done!

V.

Thanks for that Ventura! I did hear about them before but everytime I did a search for them it came up with a car sales firm! Anyway I will get that sorted in the New Year. The frame is almost ready to go for blasting and powder coating now so it is coming along slowly!

Does anyone know about changing the engine number on the log book? The crank cases on the original engine are cracked!!(a needle off the small end bearing punched a hole in the case). I do have a spare engine but I think its off an older model!! CT something on the engine number? It looks the same so I think it will fit!!

John

Just another quick question! I have a spare engine but its 3J1....Anybody know what year this engine is? Also how do I go about changing the documents to reflect this engine change?

John

Hi all!! Anybody know where I can get a new rear mudguard for the DT? I have seen them come up on ebay a few times but go for silly money, I'm not after a genuine one! Cant seem to find them anywhere!

Also has anyone bought the rear wheel off wemoto? It says about it may have to be re-aligned? Which is a bit odd!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online