MOT result - advisory items

saska21
This post is 4524 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just got my bike back from MOT and there are 2 advisory items on the certificate:

1. Handlebar mounting slightly deteriorated
  2. Steering movement slightly 'notchy'

I feel a bit silly being clueless about this but what does it actually mean? Presumably I don't have to do anything about either of these urgently but it would be good to know what it is all about.

Thanks in advance.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

handlebar mount bushes need tightening or renewing if worn

head bearings need replacing soon, as there is a notch developing which the ball races will lock in when steering ( get it done asap)

will be taken into account if you crash/have an accident for the insurance not to pay 100% out!

Yeh saska" both are not big jobs, so don"t let mechanic"s fleese you,,, their are two cone shaped rubber mounts on bar riser mounts,, cheap to replace,

The steering head bearings, is more labour intensive, 4 hrs maybe... bearings roughly £20., you will notice a big difference in the slow speed handling wen done :drive:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hiya Saska21

I would imagine the advisories aren’t too serious as it passed :)

Just to put your mind at rest:

Might be worth going back to the garage and asking how bad it is!

Tony...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online