1988 DT125r won't start?

milesbrunton143
This post is 4665 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there, just wandered if anyone can help me?

I have a 1988 DT125r that has been sat in my garage for 3 years and not run? Now i need to get it going and guess what, it won't go!! I took out the carb and cleaned that thoroughly aswell as cleaning the jets and the float bowl. I then cleaned the air filter out and put carb back in situe. I replaced the throttle cable as it was knackered. I put new gear oil in as a precaution then cleaned the fuel tank out and replaced it with clean petrol and oil. I then cleaned the fuel filter and replaced the entire fuel line aswell. I put a brand knew start button on it but for some reason it wont go!?

There is a spark when i kick start it but it will not fire. The other day i tried bump starting it but that didnt work either?

Is there anybody that can help me please!?

THanks miles

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

sounds like your float bowl valve has stuck closed, try blowing down the fuel feed to the carb. Alternatively make sure its back together the right way round and that the float height hasn't been changed when cleaning.

Have you checked fuel is coming out of the tank? I know it sounds daft but I've had a few bikes that after being stood for a while block the fuel switch when put back into use

Hi there! Have completely stripped the carb today and found that no fuel was getting into the carb. There was a constant feed out of the tank but I fiddled around with the carb until fuel was running into the carb and after 3 years of it sat doing nothing, it finally burst into life :) staggered haha!! Thankyou for your help! and a happy christmas to you :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online