Hello there

DeadlyAura76
This post is 4633 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys, just thought that I would say hello.

Im new here, waiting on delivery of a Yamaha YB100. I gave in to pressure from friends that are constantly banging on about two strokes etc etc and how much fun they are. I never saw the attraction myself, and never thought that I would own one.

Anyway, after a phone call from a friend over the weekend I ended up buying a 1983 Yamaha YB100. Not quite running, but my mate (phone call) assures me he can get her to live. Hes very good on the spaniards, so I trust him.

Been riding for just over 10 years, and own a tuned ZX6R '07.

Hopefully get the bike over the next week and then the work starts to get some life in to the old girl. Its going to be a winter/scraping bike, but as my mate said he knows what im like and I will probably get bitten by the bug and then I will start replacing everything and end up making it mint, so watch this space.

Hope that I can get help when needed and be in touch with like minded people.

Thanks,

Ben :o)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome ben,, Yb 100 is a cute little bike,,,, don"t expect a sprint record breaker,,, :eusa_think: ,,,have you riden a stroker yet ? what does your mate have, Rd 400"s Lc 250"s

/ 350"s are a real blast,, Your Yb won"t have a power -band,, Little strokers are fun to ride too , just don"t expect to much,

Lot of members have DT "s [ older models] there fun, but not fast, :rolleyes: ,, modern Dt 125"s are quicker than 250"s from the 1970"s , Owning an old stroker is not about speed. thers also the great smell. :icon_cheesygrin:

• 4 weeks later...

ello, how do you de coke the exaust and does anyone know the point gap setting for the 87 yb100 deluxe ?? my girlfreinds just got 1, its a little cracker, in fine condition, it was plucked from a barn the owner coverd it with oil to help preserve, and it did the trick! Just seems a bit bogg like.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online