Problem on my Yamaha Virago XV750 when putting into gear. Help wanted!

MarketAmerica
This post is 4669 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone. When I first start the bike in neutral and put it into gear the bike stalls( clutch is in and so is the kick stand). I first thought it was the kick stand switch not working properly--I had that cleaned off and looked at seemed fine. Still I experience this problem and I am not sure what it is. I'm not sure if it's a clutch issue or something else.

When its warmed up after riding I can put it into gear just fine.

Another issue I've noticed is when I'm downshifting the bike will have a hard time going into first, it sometimes will get stuck in neutral and I'll have a hard time getting it back into first.

Has anyone experienced something like this before? Suggestions and comments are really appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Happened when I overfilled my oil.

Empty out, refil to correct level, try again.

Then come back, post an Intro and then we'll talk...

Check your clutch cable for looseness, stretching, etc.

Try also adjusting your clutch lever adjustment, as that may have loosened or just need altering anyway.

Check to make sure that the centre pop mark on the gear change shaft is in line with the slot on the clamp that clamps onto it.

Double check that you have the correct type of oil in, and its at the correct level

When downshifting, dont try to snick it into 1st until your almost stopped, just before feet down

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online