Wr450 dual purpose help

Stealth13
This post is 4637 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Where in the world are you? If youre in the UK buy a legal one. Its easier. And you dont need lights or mirrors to legal.

• Like 1

Where in the world are you? If youre in the UK buy a legal one. Its easier. And you dont need lights or mirrors to legal.

Really ? i think over here we do :blink:

No legal requirement for mirrors, and if a vehicle has no lights fitted it will pass with an advisory note saying so. Thus the bike cannot be used between dusk and dawn or in bad visibility.

No legal requirement for mirrors, and if a vehicle has no lights fitted it will pass with an advisory note saying so. Thus the bike cannot be used between dusk and dawn or in bad visibility.

Thats good to know,,,,,,, i didnt know that.

Be handy some day when i build a bike for myself,,,,,,,,,,,,,, something i have always wanted to do !!! ,,,,,,,,,,,,,some day, some day

If you build your own bike you may have to have it type approved, or have an SVA, depending on how much it is your own build. In this case it may need lights to pass the approval before mot. I am unsure. But for cars to pass an SVA, they have to be absolutely spot on.

• 5 weeks later...

Im pretty sure you have to have something like a rear running light or brake light and a horn at least but headlight, indicators and mirrors arnt needed on a dirt bike to be road legal but will only have a day time mot.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online