Crankcase breather system on 06 650 custom

ThaOldMan
This post is 4678 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Saturday last, I pulled full maintenance on the 650. 26,000 miles.

Changed oil, Castrol 20-50 Power RS V–Twin 4T, new Fram filter, changed differential oil, cleaned K&N air filter, replaced fuel filter, tire air pressure check, drained remaining fuel (1/2 gallon) refueled with Plus fuel, added Marine formula Sta-Bil.

Checked engine for signs or oil leaks.

Found small amount near neutral safety switch, removed switch, cleaned area with brake cleaner, made thin gasket, used tiny amount of Permatex Red High Heat gasket maker, re-installed switch.

Went to car wash, washed entire engine area with engine cleaner cycle, thoroughly washed rest of bike, wiped down, rode about 3 miles at 55+ MPH for air dry, came home.

No additional visible signs of leakage in switch area.

With engine running, I removed the oil filler cap and to my surprise, there was a slight pressure buildup in the crankcase, replaced cap, all runs fine.

I wanted to service the crankcase ventilation system, looked in Repair Manual for info, unable to find any info on service for crankcase ventilation system.

I am at a loss until I find the crankcase ventilation system and make sure it it clear and doing it's job.

Any input would be appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey there ThaOldMan, welcome to the forum. Sounds like you've been busy!

I have absolutely no idea in relation to your question, but maybe someone here can help? Failing that, check out this 650 website http://forums.delphi...com/sgmfa/start. You may fine the Webpage tab at the top of that forum useful?

Happy Riding

Graham

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online