Petrol/Oil leak?

SRXy
This post is 7158 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My bike started to leak petrol when it had been running for a bit. The petrol came out of a hole just in front of the carb and behind the air filter. Any ideas what it could be?

Another issue is that when I was pushing the bike onto the trailer to go get the petrol leak sorted it was leaking only oil out the same overflow hole!!!!

It seems what looked like a petrol leak when the engine was warm was actually a mixture of oil and petrol?!? I'm a bit confused as to how the two could get mixed up and come out the same overflow? I'm new to bikes and would appreciate any help.

:(

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Now this is purely taking a stab in the dark......but it could be combo of too much oil in the crankcase & possibly a sticky float in the carb? :unsure:

Might need to go through the carb for a good cleaning & then check your oil level in the crankcase. ;)

mmmm...The float part I'm sure is the fuel problem...Japanese fuel seems to be really rubbish and the carbs all seem to be coated with a green gunge which is unpleasant to clean. I'm putting in a fuel filter, to try stop any further residue from the tank getting into my carb.

How do you get too much oil in the crankcase?

thanks yamguru....

I had some bike guys strip it and check it out for me today. the problem apparently is that the pilot jet is a bit stuffed. So I have to get a new one.....which will take 2 - 3 weeks because it has to be ordered in from Japan. Nobody in SA has the part. <_<

So I'll have to wait a bit

:(

All I want to do is ride.....

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online