Poss electrics issue

Stevie_G
This post is 4684 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have an issue with the lights on my XVS125 Dragstar.

The headlight and the light in my speedo (and therefore I guess the taillight) seem to dim and brighten randomly, they literally flick between bright and about half brightness as I'm riding along. The only thing that I can guess is that something is partially shorting somewhere but I don't know where to start looking.

Could I get some suggestions that an idiot (me) with a multimeter could check to make sure everything is working before I end up paying someone? I also think that the battery is draining down a bit as the starter does seem to chug over slower when starting at the moment, so i'm going to take out the battery and put her on the charger to see what it says (battery was new in July).

Cheers

/Steve

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

check you are chargings, 2nd off.

put meter on 12 - 15 dc volts and put across battery. should be reading 13 - 14.5 volts @ 3k revs.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online