Hopefully get the DT running today.

Ollie1995
This post is 4680 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, Thanks to a lot of you I have been able to sort out a few problems with my 1982 DT125 LC. Today I'm going to try to get it running, is there anything I need to do before I attempt to get it running? I know I need to bleed the oil pump but that's it really. Also they are designed to mix the 2 stroke oil and the fuel separately, but would I just be able to pre mix it and put it straight into the fuel tank?

Thanks, Ollie.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

not sure what you mean there ollie?

normally you wouldnt premix if you had a working pump, however as its a first run yes you could premix a little in the first tankfull but expect a fair bit of smoke if you do.

Myself I wouldnt bother but I would confirm the pump operation straight away by disconnecting from the carb and holding the pump pulley full open with my hand while idling

it wouldn't hurt to run it on pre mix with the oil feed pipe off until the oil flows out then stop drain the tank and refill with normal gas , love those dt 125 lc mk 1's

it wouldn't hurt to run it on pre mix with the oil feed pipe off until the oil flows out then stop drain the tank and refill with normal gas , love those dt 125 lc mk 1's

hello was that an echo...........didnt oldgitinabike just say that its nice of you to give us the benifit of your opinion but it would have been better if you had posted in the new members section introducing yourself so we know who the fuck you are

hello was that an echo...........didnt oldgitinabike just say that its nice of you to give us the benifit of your opinion but it would have been better if you had posted in the new members section introducing yourself so we know who the fuck you are

What a friendly welcome ........and thanks by the way , i didnt know that posting in the 'new members section was a requirement and who the fuck i am doesn't really matter now and learn some manners idiot

I don't think that was really needed was it. Ok, if someone comes on the forum and posts a question bluntly without introducing themselves and asking for help then it's fair to comment that they might need to introduce themselves before asking for help. But to go and be abusive to a new member who merely offered a second opinion and tried to help another member, i feel is utterly ridiculous and embaressing to the rest of us.

I don't think that was really needed was it. Ok, if someone comes on the forum and posts a question bluntly without introducing themselves and asking for help then it's fair to comment that they might need to introduce themselves before asking for help. But to go and be abusive to a new member who merely offered a second opinion and tried to help another member, i feel is utterly ridiculous and embaressing to the rest of us.

cheers for the support , i think i was a little too keen to get started and deffinately worth subscribing

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online