Servicing Info

Splinter
This post is 7027 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I've recently got a Thundercat YZF. Lovely bike. Having spent winter riding it through the rain and muck to and from work, it's now making a noise/vibration that I suspect is the brake disks rubbing on the pads (the back caliper recently stuck but I managed to free it up).

Can anyone recommend anywhere in Birmingham, UK area I can take it to get looked at?

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Could just save yourself some time & Cash, & pull those calipers off yourself for a good cleaning & inspection?......there's nothin' to it mate. ;)

Yeah I was thinking about it, I've not taken anything off the bike yet (except to replace the front mud guard) so am probably being a bit cautious. Looks like the back caliper is awkward to get to cause of the exhaust, do I just work around it best I can?

Once the calipers are off, is there much you can do with them to ensure smooth working?

Cheers

Thanks, Tamworth is only about 20 mins away from me.

As this is my first bike apologies if I ask some daft questions.

My Thundercat has a side-stand. What kind of stand do I need to buy so I can stand it upright? And where from?

• Admin

For what reason do you want to be able to stand your bike upward? If its just for parking dont bother and you probably wont be able to get one because of the fairing, and also im sure it would bottom out.

If you mean for servicing get a paddock stand from somewhere like M&P who are reasonable.

Yes a paddock stand sound like what I need. At the moment I can't even check the oil level through the little window without getting my missus to hold the bike upright (unless there's another way?)  :rolleyes:

You can lean the bike to an almost upright position against a fence or building wall if available.......good enough for checking the oil. ;)

Paddock stands do come in handy for tire changes & chain maintenance though. :)

A pair of car type jack stands also work well for both ends of the bike. ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online