replace clutch

kernow
This post is 4612 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello not sure i posted this in the right place first time , my clutch needs seeing to , i need a new set of friction plates and i suppose a set of springs to avoid my local main dealer i was hoping for some imfo on the best place to get em on line and the types to avoid , thanks Kernow

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Are you sure it is the clutch plates to start with ? If so it aint going to cost you a fortune and you can do it yourself in less than a morning.

If it is the friction plates buy original if possible as in the long run they are not going to be expensive unless you can find some pattern ones with sureflex linings on. New springs are only going to be in the region of 3 quid or so each so change them if you want to but for the cost involved its a no brainer realy, however if you aint sure check the length against the spec.

Thanks for that , EBC plates seem popular and less than half what our local friendly dealer wants ,it took me over 3 hours to get pipes off and was lucky the broken studs came out with mig and heat, so ithink ive done hard bit so while im this far in i might as well chuck in a set of plates and springs

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online