can you wheelie a dtr125 (does mozzy no?)

ben1342uk
This post is 7159 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi i have just purchased a dtr125 about 4 weeks ago it has a full dep pipe on it and goes very well i find it very fast,

i have not wheelied a bike before and wondered if there is a best way to atempt it on this style of bike i do not beleve it will do it on just throttle so what would i need to do with my clutch

ps i would like to speak to mozzy about his because i have heard he nos alot about the dt125s

thankyou for your time

ben

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
:yeahthat: except for in a diffrent order, get rolling first, but pull your clutch in before reving the nuts off and then drop the clutch and away you go, ooh and dont forget to lean back as well! sitting slightly futher back on the seat is good to. do a search for wheelies on this fourm because im sure there was a great artical about them, not sure weather it involved 125's though but the same sort of principle applys though. and remeber, you will feel that you are alot higher than you achully are!

• Admin

Or just sit there in 1st with the clutch in, wind the throttle right back and hold it, then just let go of the clutch :lol:

Or just sit there in 1st with the clutch in, wind the throttle right back and hold it, then just let go of the clutch  :lol:

...& have plenty of spare rear mudguards on hand! :lol:

Or potter along in first, at around 5000 rpm, squeeze the front brake a little to get it to dive and release it again quickly, as the forks unload give it some more throttle and it should come up on the throttle. Just be ready on the back brake if it comes up too sharpish...

Mick

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online