Need a favour re: XVS 650

Blam
This post is 4567 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm wondering if someone could post up a photo showing the indicator relay in situ on an XVS 650 Custom please.

I need to replace mine as I'm fitting LED indicators, but can't seem to work out what to unplug. I know it's next to the battery, but there's several relays (or things that resemble relays) down there and the photo in the Haynes manual is only so much help (with it being black-and-white and tiny).

Help me Obi-Wan!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

How's this?

Flasher Relay is No. 11 in both pics.

650Lec1.jpg

650Lec2.jpg

How's this?

Flasher Relay is No. 11 in both pics.

Hmmm, not really all that helpful. I'm still none the wiser. What I'll do is take a photo of that bit and stick that up here.

Would I be right in thinking it's the light blue thing cunningly hidden behind the exhaust pipe?

electrics.jpg

Well, *I* think that's it, yes. Just below the starter relay.

However, this pic from the parts manual suggests it's up higher, ie just under the seat. possibly attached to the main fuse box - Not the right shape, though...

650LecParts1.jpg

Found it!!! Tucked up behind the frame where the green arrow is on the image I posted. In a moment of blinding facepalm it turns out that the turn-signal relay is the little black relay-looking thing marked "TURN SIGNAL"! Genius!!!

Fireman Fez, I tried that, but with the back mudguard off the indicator circuit wasn't working at all. Good suggestion though, and worth a try.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online