XVS 1300 + 950 recall

clarke
This post is 4513 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Got a letter from Yamaha + call from dealer about this today.

Yamaha is recalling certain model year 2009-2012 XVS95/CY (V Star 950/V Star 950 Tourer) motorcycles, manufactured from October 2008 through August 2011, and model year 2007 XVS1300/CT (V Star 1300/V Star Tourer) motorcycles, manufactured from August 2006 through March 2007. There may not be a proper seal between the fuel pipes for the fuel injectors and the fuel hose that connects them due to an improperly molded fuel hose.

Consequence: Over time, pressurized fuel can begin leaking at the hose connection points, which could result in a fire hazard.

Remedy: Yamaha will notify owners, and dealers will replace the fuel delivery pipe free of charge. The Safety Recall is expected to begin on or before November 11, 2011.

Any concerns check with your dealer.

Mine's booked in for Friday...

Graham

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

My dealer lied to me when I bought it, they claimed it was made in 08 but it's clearly an 07 model, hence the fuel pipe issue, the dodgey clutch cable, the bright red colour and the knocking noise I've heard twice (possibly clutch issue that Yammy fixes in the US but won't do anyhing about here).

I'm sure yours won't catch fire... how you finding the new tyre?

Glad to hear the tyre's ok, am hoping Avon are true to their word and bring out a rear radial in our size (they already do a front tyre)

The bike's now in the shop - was told I get a new fuel injector and seal rings (or something like that)... in no rush to get it back to be honest as it'll likely sit in the garage now until March :(

My bike has got to have the recall work as well, but in contacting the dealer and giving the VIN number I have found out that mine is a US import but they have agreed to do the work anyway so thanks for the heads up Graham

No problem + glad its getting sorted. Guess given its a Yammy manufacturing fault Yammy have to correct it regardless of whether its an import or not??

I dropped my bike off Monday 21st + its still in the shop. I dropped it off before the dealer had the parts, but he said its about a 2hr job and you get a new fuel injectoor and some new seals...

Took mine in to the dealer in Trowbridge today to have the recall work done, dont normally ride that much in winter, could'nt feel my hands by the time I got there and so much shit on the road after the rain we have had, reminded myself why I dont like riding in Winter.

Well, I still haven't got mine back yet but can't say I'm in any rush at the moment with the recent weather - its bad enough on the Fazer + all that cleaning I'll have to do!

According to the info from the U.S. its only the fuel hoses that get changed which Yammy is allocating 2 hours to do.

• 1 month later...

Hi, checked on the following UK website http://recalledproducts.org/recall/view/yamaha-motorcycle

and this is the details:-

1) XVS950

2) XVS1300

Brand: Yamaha

Type/number of model:

1) XVS950: Type: VN02

EC type-approval:

e13*2002/24*0302,

Model code: 26P1/26P2/26P3/26P4

VIN numbers: JYAVN021000000301- JYAVN021000006020

Model year: 2009/2010/2011/2012

2) XVS1300: Type: VP26

EC type-approval: e13*2002/24*0144

Model code: 11C1

VIN numbers: JYAVP261000000301- JYAVP261000004961

Model year: 2007

Description: Motorcycle.

Country of origin: Japan

No picture available

Danger:

Fire

The leak protection between the flexible rubber tubes and the metal pipes of the fuel injection system is not adequate as a result of the material used and due to excessively large tolerance limits for the diameter of the rubber tubes. This can result in a gradual loss of fuel. If fuel escapes on a large scale there is a risk of fire

Hope this helps

Bubble