HG Heated Grips deactivating themselves.

Joe Smart
This post is 4695 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

(this is typed on my phone so spelling will be terrible!)

Hi there, i currently got my hein gerike grips repaired and working. One thing i have noticed and find really is that they turn themselves off, even if they have only been on for 5 mins at 50%. Is this a safety feature or something to prevent them sapping battery life because i found they stayed on for about 30 kins on lowest setting 50% the entire time i was on the a34 with high revs.

i have the grips with the two on off buttons(not sure of model)

any help would be ace, thank you

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

is most likely a feature...the oxford hotgrips do this before they totally flatten the battery so as to leave some juice for starting. I expect the tiny generator in your 125 is struggling to keep up and the battery voltage falling...thus kicking in the feature....all just a guess though

is most likely a feature...the oxford hotgrips do this before they totally flatten the battery so as to leave some juice for starting. I expect the tiny generator in your 125 is struggling to keep up and the battery voltage falling...thus kicking in the feature....all just a guess though

+1 on that i am surprised they work at all most 125s systems not really up to running heated grips HG manchester would not sell me any when i had my little dragstar as they were fed up with people coming back complaining there battery was flat or grips cut off which as OG says they are designed to do

+2.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online