Drain Plug???

jixaw
This post is 6510 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok...I am quite flustered here...I have a manual...but I dont know for sure where to find the oil drain plug on this 88 FZ600...

I have found a plug on either side of the engine...it takes an allen-type wrench....some oil came out....but....maybe just a cup....there must be more in there....I can see some of it grinning at me thru that window....I am also worried that the crazy canuck who owned it before may have run it with low oil.....

any help...pics...descriptions would be great

thanks fellows

Ciao

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The drain plug should be under the center of the motor directly behind the oil filter housing in the lower front of the crankcase......if memory serves me correctly, it should be a 19mm Hex-head bolt.

HTH ;)

As you sit on the bike it is underneath the left hand side of the engine ,I dont know if mines been tinkered with but its a normal bolt stylie with a crosshead screw through it .Its here so that you can drop the oil whilst on the stand and the drain plug is at the lowest point(just a note mine sthe 87 model should be the same but !!!!)

Hope it helps

• 1 year later...

Ok...I am quite flustered here...I have a manual...but I dont know for sure where to find the oil drain plug on this 88 FZ600...

I have found a plug on either side of the engine...it takes an allen-type wrench....some oil came out....but....maybe just a cup....there must be more in there....I can see some of it grinning at me thru that window....I am also worried that the crazy canuck who owned it before may have run it with low oil.....

any help...pics...descriptions would be great

thanks fellows

Ciao

thge first one you took out on the right hand side is where you would put an oil pressure tester because its in the tunnel of the oil pressure releif valve :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online