1983 XJ750RL

littlej
This post is 4552 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Once I have all the parts together I plan on restoring this little Lady

Photo_F0076938-2278-EC68-9842-4367D5F83F9D.jpg

Photo_CA1FFF9D-DB08-F762-9B99-84DF045F5DBD.jpg

Photo_29C69470-0FB2-576A-AD15-B6C81C78C710.jpg

Photo_26CD08B3-CF63-7C2A-E0D5-67CC634F059B.jpg

Photo_2D0B041E-9760-99B2-BBAE-188E87E78AA6.jpg

IMG00030-20111013-1455.jpg

Any advice or hints will be greatly appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The pictures lie. she's not in that good of a condition and that gay rack has to go.

They are going a great job of lying then cos shes looks pretty damned good :)

Might just be me but that instrument cluster looks quite space agey and ahead of its time. Maybe I need to get out more :eusa_think:

:hah: This link might help you ww.nongaymanlybikeracks.com

Having just rebuilt and reprayed 2 of these things the first thing to do is look at the wiring, as usual it will be the yamaha horror show under the seat, loose connections and bodges from previous owners, I wish you luck! If you really want to dump the rack then give me a call and a price I don't mind if it's sissy I need one. Martin.

:jossun:

The wiring looks like someone has poured a freshly boiled pan of spaghetti under the saddle. The clocks are pretty good looking considering the date of the bike, even though the speedo is in kmh but the clock is a nice touch.

I want the rack off as it has had the tail piece drilled out to fit it and the rubber stoppers look like the tips of walking sticks. Next time I am in Gloucester I'll drop it off to you.

Kind of you but won't hold my breath! :jossun:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online