xvs 650a management light???

gizmo666
This post is 4698 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey folks i went out to start up my bike today and when it fired up my management light stayed on

it runs and rides perfect with no issues

so i dont understand this

anyone have any ideas

and also how to reset it

thanks in advance

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

None of my manuals say anything, other than it means one of the electrical monitoring systems that monitor the bike has detected a fault and you must take it to a Yammie dealer to find out what's wrong :(

yea thats pretty much what i came across

i'm betting its on a milage timer for servicing

and as usual one of those lights only a yammie dealer can switch off

money grabbing .................

Possibly a sensor wire is just loose. You never know.

Always best to check, anyway.

I don't think they have a timer for servicing - it would have to be on a chip linked to date, with a separate mini battery, as the mileometer is 'clockwork'.

A dealer has never serviced my bike since I had it and I have had no lights on.

Check cable connections to everything.

i know nothing about these bikes as yet

any idea where the sensors are??

All over the place, I'm afraid.

There'll be one for this and one for that, engine oil pressure, throttle position sensor, all that.

You could probably find all the details in the Service Manual but, to be honest, if you know nothing about these bikes then ripping yours apart with soldering iron in hand probably wouldn't do you any good anyway. Hell, even *I* had to look up what the light meant.

It's likely just a bunch of reed switches or something, any one of which will trigger the light if they locate a failure of some kind. But for the amount of hassle it'll take to check each and every one, it's quicker, simpler, easier, cheaper and far more likely to result in success (as opposed to utter disaster) if you get the Yammie guys to just plug their computer in and find the fault.

If you really want to try it yourself, I have a manual I can email you (LARGE file, though...).

as you say ttaskmaster it could have been anything

went out tonight and no problems

i'm guessing when it came on there may have been a bit of dampness on one of the connections with the amount of rain we've had i would'nt be surprised lol

thanks for the offer of the manual i got it file IS huge haha