SR 125 Bobber Project

kevinsr125
This post is 4559 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have bought myself a 1998 SR125 and im going to rip it apart and turn it into a bobber / rat bike, going to do this on minimum budget, buy used parts or re use current parts in different ways! if i can ill get pictures up starting with the goal and how it looks now! any advice will be most welcome!

Cheers Kev

YamahaSR400Bobber.jpg

94303476.jpg

2011-10-27171252.jpg

2011-10-27171215.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Kev Great to see that the bobber bug is catching! have you decided on if its gunna be a rat bike or a pretty bike? if it going rat then it will be more softer on you wallet as you can leave rust on the bike etc (as you prob already know) but if you want shiney bits id carry on stripping her down and take off the paint on the frame and re-paint with halfraurds rattle can.

chop you front mud guard down to size. or if your feeling brave re-move it (i took mine off as it completes the look) just remember to put it back on for your MOT.

You can get a nice raw steel fender off ebay for £45 + p&p which you can then turn into your own fender or if you can find one alot of relly old cars spare wheels had a metal cover you could turn into a reallt coll retro fender!

Also to add to your list (long term) would be a set o fire stone tyres! as shown in your 1st pic!

Keep up the work dude and hope to see more pics soon.

im not doing one kev, im just watching what you lot are doing ,

my days of modding and chopping are past.

you read my mind! just spent the afternoon wire brushing the frame and have already bought the rattle ca and speed!ns from a paint shop (half the cost of halfords!) will be taking the mudguards of completely but keeping them for MOT, im going to grind of the back of the frame down to where the rear shocks sit, any ideas on legal or stability implications? going put a set of straight bars on it also change that horrible light

Hope you are gona change it to hand change for a real retro look. Dit it for a mates Kawa 750 twin bobber project a few years ago and looked the bizzo and easy to do. We also kept the bars cable free on the outside to clean the look up - that was a pain to do but also worth it. Convert the clutch to hydraulic - an easy mod - then use the clutch foot operated. Hand change for me realy suits a bobber why more are not converted to it is a shame.

Keep us posted.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online