This post is 4591 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i have a sr 125,could anyone tell me how to give my carb an overhaul and how to set it up properly,would it increase the performance,i want to get the best out of the engine,if i have been told that there is a restrictor in the exhaust,is there any way to remove it

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi kevinsr125 and oldgitonbike,thanks for your help,i"ve got a haynes manual coming next week,going to have a good read of that,im new to biking,but i"ve got the bug!!!!! pretty mechanically minded,so im going to have a go at sorting a few bits to the engine,eg.valve clearanses,the bike runs pretty good for its millage 30,500,but last owner has"nt looked after it,gave it a really deep clean,took wheels off and got em" sparkling!! took me 3 days,lots of rusty spokes!!! i was thinking of fitting a power air filter,would it make a difference and would the carb need adjusting,