Yamaha dt125r

dtmaster
This post is 6997 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone,

Dont know if anyone can help but basicly i went away to college and left my bike lying in the shed for about a month. When i got back it was completely dead. I have taken the engine to bits cudent see anything wrong-plenty compression etc. put a new plug in and its spaking well, took the carb off cleaned it out. Reed block out nothing wrong there either. i dont know anything about electrics but i thought if there was spark it would at least fire?

has anyone got any ideas?

Regards Ross

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

whack some pro boost in the petrol to start with, helps clears stuff out. and just remeber 3 things an engine needs to start

ignition (spark)

fuel

compresstion

so work on a basis of those 3 things, check all the fuel line etc, make sure your plugs producing a big fat spark, and make sure your engine does have enough compresstion

• Admin

Yeah take the plug out and check for fuel, if it has fuel it could be flooded. So let dry out and try again. If still not working post again ;)

• 4 weeks later...

hi everyone,

tried everything yous suggested and its still not starting. i have run out of ideas so if anyone can help i would greatly appreciate it. Could it be something to do with the spark timing? something else i noticed was that the end of the plug was oily on occations ie after repeted kicking.

Ross

something else i noticed was that the end of the plug was oily on occations ie after repeted kicking.

Ross

Too Rich Maybe? :headscratch: .....Make sure the screws holding the stator are tight.......then what I've done is make scribe marks around 'em.....so you have basepoint to start from, if changing the timing any. ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online