cheap fun - hence the cockroach!!!!!

leightonbike121
This post is 4568 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

having ridden bikes for more years than i care to remember,you cant help feeling that the experience has lost something as time has passed bye,speed cameras everywhere etc,etc.i have also spent hundreds of hours building/repairing bikes & have craved to do something a bit different for a change,something over the top - and so was born THE COCKROACH !!!!!! as the name suggests,it was never meant to be a thing of beauty,but it is meant to be over the top.basically it started its life as a 2 seater kids/adult 8hp automatic offroad buggy but it has since evolved into 750cc beast.i originally bought it as a clapped out project for £200-ish & have spent a month or so converting it into a single seater 750 with manual gears.i used a zxr 750h1 that had been sat in my workshop as a donor for motor,electrics etc everything else i needed i have adapted from the huge mound of bits & pieces ive accumulated over the years.i just thought id share this story with you all as if like me,you fancy doing something different on a budget ( probably owes me £600-ish ) try a bit of 4 wheeled offroad fun.its about 95% completed now,all up and running & im hoping to take it up my mates farm in a day or two to give it a bit of a test run/fault finding mission - well,any landing that you can walk away from.......etc.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

ouch!!!! not totally worthless i thought,worth a read if nothing else.anyway,you are right,pics are the order of the day,(doing pics not my strongpoint to be honest but here we go.....

cockroach004.jpg

Edited by drewpy
use the img copy facillity in photobucket

good read, always better with a picture though. :eusa_think:take some of the missus aswell,,oh sorry.

i ment to say , thats a meaty looking engine,,,? :eusa_shifty:

thanks,hope it goes as good as im expecting,am trying to add some more pics but the pc isnt one of my strong points,i got a couple more pics but none from any great distance.i will take a couple when i get it up the farm in a day or two,will try & get the hang of adding what pics i got in the meantime

Mwah-hah-hah-hah-hah, I want a go on this!!!

Cardiff... Just up the M4 a ways. Tempting.....

im looking forward to having a go too,hopefully in a day or two.will keep posting updates (if i survive) nice area to live,reading,i was contracting up there a few years back,was staying in a small village on the outskirts,stone cross.( had my rd500 then....happy days :jossun: )

Reading? Nice to live?

AHHHHHH-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You clearly didn't go near Whitley... Taxis all refuse to serve that area.

Then again, you were on the outskirts, which is pretty much country folk and countryside folk (the latter being jeans, wellies, green bodywarmers and Land Rovers). I live there now, so it's OK. I just avoid town if I can.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online