XJ 600 N or XJ 600 Diversion

iandouglas
This post is 4505 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

They're good bikes, bullet-proof motors. I've had 2. One was my daily run-around, and never gave me any trouble at all. The other one was given to me, had been stood for 2 years plus. Stuck a new battery in it, a new tank on it (the original had rotted away by the fuel tap, and the first lot of new fuel fell out of the bottom!), stuck some new fuel in it, gave it a spray of EasyStart, and it was running within a few minutes. Was going to do something with it, but left it standing for a while longer before giving it away again. When the guy came to pick it up, it still started straight away!

They aren't the fastest bikes in the world, but they will get you from A to B day in and day out!

with reference to the XJ that was given to you, surprised it went without having to clean out the carbs.

mine goes better with premium grade rather than slightly cheaper unleaded, difference in go noticeable.

slight vibe issue but cured it by putting rubber washers under h/bar fixings and on foot control mounts.

• 4 months later...

Love my XJ600N (98). Just put around 4k miles on it. Got a wee givi screen on it which helps on the motorway but a great bike all round, even with about 20kg of dead weight strapped to the back. Recent tank fill proved 60mpg!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online