xvs 125 home made exhaust pipes: anybody out there doing it ?

jimmythemoonlight
This post is 4638 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi folks, i am looking for a set of pipes for my xvs 125, the existing stock exhaust that i have is rotten with multiple holes, i know i will one day need to get it sorted for my mot (thats going to be way down the line) however there is no chance i will put a standard system back on it , i am looking for a set of tubes no baffles no frills, does any body out there have the ability to fabricate me a set ? if so how much? or does any one know a guy that knows a guy ? also does any one know the place to look for piston and cylinder parts ? ANYONE ??

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Et walla!

Cheaper this way as if you pay a guy to make them for you it will cost just the same then your gunna have to heat paint them which will cost you more. As you want them to be a nice finish your gunna want them TIG welded which takes more time thus costs more in labour, then the cost of the pipe plus cost of bending (labour basically)

The pipes with out the price tag are the ones i was gunna get at £330 but then i dun my test and got my 650.

Nowt wrong with standard pipes. They have been designed specifically so the bike runs at optimum output vs fuel consumption, etc etc.

125 custom parts are not that common, partly because they kill the resale value of the bike. There was one chap here that was planning sets, but I don't know if he's even still around.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online