Jetting troubles

jixaw
This post is 7161 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have done it this time...grrrrr...I was attempting to jet my 88 yamaha fz600....one of the steps was to drill the slide hole a little bit large with a provided drill bit.....well...I didnt see that there was more than one bit in the package....you guessed it....I used the bigger size....

How will this affect my carbs?...I am assuming that I will need to replace the vacuum slide (slide diaphram)..with a stock one...and drill the slide hole with the proper bit....

Thing is...I cant seem to find any of this parts or carbs on ebay....are there any other bikes out there that use this carb?...do you think I should be able to snag the vacuum slide off of it?

Thanks guys :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi jixsaw! what were you jetting for? aftermarket pipe/filter? it's strange they gave you drill bits to do it yourself. drilling carbs is a tricky business! for mikuni carb parts i'd try allens, i have bought countless jets from them for my rd before and always found them very good and helpfull. i'll try and find a link or phone no for ya....

here ya go mate-

www.allensperformance.co.uk

Phone +44 (0) 1949 836733 Fax +44 (0) 1949 836734

or Email [email protected]

get in touch with them, with a bit of luck they should be able to help :)

no probs mate. getting a spare set is a good idea, i did the same with my pre divvie xj600(same engine as fz600 apparently!) and it saved me quite a bit when i was replacing/rebuilding my existing carbs. are you in the uk btw?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online