what is my exup worth?

leightonbike121
This post is 4572 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi,i have a 1989 exup 1000 sat in my garage that i have owned for 3yrs-ish,have probably only ridden it a dozen times or so,its in standard condition,pearl white & red,std single seat cover etc,very nice condition,think its done about 16k miles,i bought it off a pensioner who had given up biking,it had only done 15mls since he last motd it & that had expired over a year.i motd it when i first got it but its basically sat in my garage since,its probably only done 50-100mls since i have owned it.i am toying with the idea of selling it but am unsure of what a realistic price would be.im sure that there cant be that many around in as good condition & it runs like a watch.can anyone offer any advice? thanks in advance,leighton.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Have a look around in the mags and shops could give you some idea but, as you have had it stood up for so long, why not wait until the spring when you generally get a bit more for a bike ?

At the end of the day it's only worth what someone will give you for it realy. Wait till spring and put it up for a grand over what others are fetching then barter with any potential punter. How long is a piece of string etc.

However if you are still struggling to get shot my offer of a quid will stand for a year lol.

I have some bikes in my workshop that mate A says is worth XXXX and mate B says its worth xxxxx neither put up the dosh so what is it worth ?

Good luck with the sale.

i agree,i guess its up to how much someone wants it,i only bought it because of what it is,and the condition of course.if it was a winter hack i could probably sell it easily but i dont even want to get it wet.it gets started quite often & a run around the block,probably the only bike i own that doesnt pi@@ my neighbours off when i run it in my workshop.thanks for the advice.

i been trying,honest lol.cant get it to copy/paste the img code

Try right clicking on the forum image code, it will highlight all the text in blue. Then copy and paste.

looks a minter, would be best at a classic show early next year when it starts getting warmer. Enter it into a catagory and put a for sale sign on it.

Might even win and then it has a bit of kudos attached to it!

cheers!!!! (i will take the minter comment as a compliment) i try to avoid saying anything is a minter to be honest,a lot of people dont take into account the age factor;there are obviously little marks here & there,not many though,just in storage stuff really.have just come in from my workshop,got an offroad kart project/toy in the making,(a zxr750 motor wedged in nicely).fired up the exup while i was in there & thought maybe i will spoil myself tomorrow,park my r1 up & blow the cobwebs out of the fzr (errrm,if it stops raining) :jossun: