XVS1300 Saddlebag hinges

GerryL
This post is 4642 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

When I bought my bike it had the Yamaha hard saddlebags with leather covering on it. It had no hinges as such just a piece of material with 3 bolts securing each side and the locks on the opposite side. It looks OK but I have realised that there should be chrome hinges which have obviously been taken off.

I talked to a yamaha dealer to see if I could buy new hinges and was told it was not possible and by the way a new set of panniers is just under a grand.

Does anybody know where I could get some hinges? I think they are made in the states and wonder if its worth trying to contact someone over there, have tried all normal routes, ebay etc, and turned up nothing.

Gerry

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Have you got a photo?

There might be other options...

I don't think you will get one from the States some U.S. riders have same issue and been told new bags... http://forums.delphi...=relevance&be=0 Look for either screws, dowel pins or wire. And stick a blob of clear sealant on the end to stop coming loose.

How old is your bike and were the bags on the bike when you bought it? If the bike came with the bags then the accessories should be covered by the bike's warranty (if not their own).

I would contact Yamaha direct and ask them for some otherwise tell them they're cr@p!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online