Manchester Salvation Army Toy Run 2011 19th November

Airhead
This post is 4663 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

THE WIFES COMING.

yup she's getting on the back for her first ever outing with me. :hyper: .

so watch your p's and q's . you fuckers..

this I gotta see :spin2:

Aye Drewp's,,,,take plenty of pics,,,,,, im due a good aul laugh

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well what a hot day it was, bikes overheating, Kev eventually turned up with the missus hanging off the back and met with OG OT and Mike.

OT took the Kev photos as he arrived just as we were leaving.

we even saw Man city team walking down Deansgate pre match in their uniforms, bonus! :thumb:

I adjusted my clutch up abit as it was dragging, we stoped en masse to enter the Trafford Centre and the bike wouldn't start. the penny dropped eventually and I loosened off the clutch and it startred first kick. Also the engine was so hot that the oil pressure was nearly zero on tick over eek! (and that's 20w 50)

great few hours out though!

was a good run took a photo of kev but you cant see his wife shes some where behind kev,sadly my laptop knackered keeps crashing will try and send drewpy photo to put up. if this link doesnt work

DSC01549.jpg

Edited by drewpy

............ Also the engine was so hot that the oil pressure was nearly zero on tick over eek! (and that's 20w 50)

Oohh that dosnt sound good mate, maybe a new pump?

Enjoyed the day fellas, especially the nice weather eh

heres some pics...

Kev (up yours) and Carol (Xmas Carol)

Copyof201_2258.jpg

Drewpy on the magnificent tracker, what a nice bike and Oh what a sound :thumb:

Copyof201_2257.jpg

Drewpy, OldTimer and Mike (Drewpys mate) at Trafford Centre

Copyof201_2261.jpg

Me 'n' Rudolph

Copyof201_2260.jpg

S'pose thats about it then for this year :(

ho ho ho , not yet,,

DSCF1881.jpg here's rudolf

my carol,below, she loved the whole day out..here she's stealing sweets off children.

DSCF1882.jpg paul below, wrestling with rudolf.

DSCF1878-1.jpg photo fuckets playing up , see my next post.

as previous , carol realy enjoyed the day,the sweets ran dry in no time. DSCF1879.jpg

sorry lads i seem to have lost you all , we hunted high and low but couldn't find you

DSCF1879.jpg

i see in the above photo's you all snuk outside for brew.

well, the heat was too much for the good lady with all her protective gear and santa suit so we headed off back too bolton too spread the christmas spirit. we ran out of sweets to hand out anyway.

that bike is fuckin ace drewpy, we had a wander around it. (stole your fuel :hah: )

nice seeing you paul and paul, the missus thinks your nice chaps,, :biglaugha::hah: personally i think she's takin the piss.

i also had a minor set back just before i set off, the fuses kept on blowing until i disconnected the horn .

then while we were waiting for everyone to catch up ,it started pissing water everywere. i dont think it likes sitting around.

and even though i had a map ,a satnav , two lots of directions from my mates, :eusa_think: i made a couple of wrong turns on the way their, :shakeno: it's easily done ?. anyway the wife loved going on the bike and wishes she had got on one years ago. so who knows ,,,BIKER BITCH AT SQUIRES CAFE next year , who knows...

yay, glad you got back ok kev, how's the wobbly wheel?

we all thought you'd gone to the TC first :babyha:

we did see you ride past going home, it was all too easy to miss each other as it was soo busy.

OT the oil pump is ok, the pressure was fine on the way home, I've never felt so much heat coming from that engine even yours was 108'c and Mike's was the same too! good few hours out though but the heat was exhausting!

Also glad you liked the tracker guy's I'm really pleased how it goes, just need to sort out that alternator cover to stop the oil being pushed out.

the bike bike felt fine on the motor way , but a few folk mentioned my wobbly wheel,

only had it fit the other week .

anyhoo , can someone find a link to the photo's taken by trafford centre photographer.

he took loads of pictures and told me they would go on the trafford website,

iv'e looked all over and can't find any...

Looks like ya had a ball lads,,,, & lassies

which wheel is wobbly Kev ? the back one i take it,,,,,,if peps seen it.

not aligned propperly.

tyre beeds not equally out against the wheel rim.

cheers the both of you,

im told , if i just let some air out wipe fairy liquid around the rim and blow it back up,that it should cure it.

the missus wanted to come out with me again today, until i said im going shooting ,then she changed her mind,

oh dear what have i done , the bike was my only escape from her.

get her on a CBT course and let her have a bike.

I tried with my wife and although she rode really well, didn't like it!

has anyone looked for any pictures of the toy run,

i can't find any on the trafford site, other than some 2009 picci's.

links pleaze...

From a goldwing forum

"Derek Hayward, a professional photographer, took lots of pictures of the recent 2011 Manchester Salvation Army Toy Run of which this is an example. You can view on his website by clicking here.

You can also purchase higher resolution images from Derek by contacting him using the phone number at the bottom of the page of photos."

Yup were on there all of us :thumb: you can buy a high resolution print if you want...A4 or bigger

Check out drewpy he's wondering where his oil pressure has gone !

IMG_5709b.jpg

IMG_5710b.jpg

IMG_5649b.jpg

IMG_5650b.jpg

edit ? me and the missus were walking around the trafford ,holding hands,

then it dawned on me that we were dressed as santas, ? i bet folk thought we were two gay santas...

here's one of the missus.

DSCF1883.jpg

OT wants a wee, he has his hand up for permission to go!

that blinking beard blew into my eyes every time a looked behind, ended up pulling it down after a bit!

iv,e emailed a bird called lisa at the trafford centre, she is looking for some piccis for me...

that bike of yours is brilliant paul.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online