DT125LC Mk 2

PICTURE_MAN36
This post is 4727 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a DT125LC mk 2, which I am in the process of restoring. Its on a 'C' / 1985/6 plate.

It is the 1st DT model to come with the power valve blank, but without the servo etc. I understand from my local dealer who is quite knowledgeable on early Yamaha's that the UK did not receive the full power versions BUT that at the time a kit was available to enable the powervalve, and came with the servo & cables etc.

Appreciate that the bike is now close to 25 years old, and that anything like this is likely to be long gone.

However, I recently purchased some new old stock panels from a retired Yamaha Dealer, and we got onto this subject, and he told me that the DT125LC mk2 shared the same engine as the 1st TZR125 and that he thought that the TZR powervalve kit would fit.

Has anyone ever attempted to fit a powervalve to an early DT125LC Mk2 or 3, and is this correct?

I did own a DTR125 a long time ago, and I know that this engine is totall different, and the powervalve from the DTR does not fit the DT.

Would appreciate a response from anyone who has done this mod.

Thanks & Regards

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online