Dipstick

littlej
This post is 4587 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

No not me (yet)

Having so far been unable to source a service manual for my XJ750, can someone tell me how to check the oil level please.

I have unscrewed the cover but there is no dipstck attached. From what i can see, this is the norm, so how is the level checked?

The engine seems quite hot after only a few minutes running so i have decided not to fire her up again till I have checked the level or maybe even changed the oil and filter.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If there's no dipstick there'll be a sight glass located near the bottom of the bike (usually the side of the oil cover you unsrewed). All my Yammy bikes have a sight glass.

You should run the engine til warm then shut it off and let it settle for about 5 mins. The bike should then be held upright and you can then check the level (a friend may be of assistance here). There's usually 2 marks on or next to the glass to indicate the oil min and max and it should be somewhere in between them.

This site has an XJ750 Owners maintenance manual (when on CTRL + F type in XJ750 and click the green button) http://www.classiccy.../1852/1936.html

Thank you,there is a site glass and good advice is dont tinker with your new toy in the dark. :eusa_shifty: