fazer 1000 2002 clutch drag

cornishfazer
This post is 4601 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi I,ve got a 2002 fazer 1000, it there away from adjusting the clutch to stop it dragging slightly, when I'm sat in traffic or just pull up I need to blip the gas a couple of times to get the clutch to completely disengage?? Is this a common fault. It done 29000 miles.....Any help would be cool...

• 1 month later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

what grade of engine oil are you using, have you adjusted the clutch to the workshop book, if you are sure these are correct, then the centre of the clutch, inside the cover has a kind of mushroom plug to stem the oil flowing into the clutch assembly, if this comes out it floods the clutch and can cause what you have.

Check this plug and make sure it is still fitted, sometimes it drops out and you find it at the bottom of the clutch cover when you remove it, carefull when you remove it not to loose it on the floor.