aerox aerox bloody aerox.

up.yours
This post is 4715 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

not mine , it's robs.

1 only reaching twenty mph ,

2 cleaned air filter

3 changed plug

4 swapped veriator and something else ?

5 cleaned carb

6 oh you know the score,, all the common shit has been done,

it ticks over nice it revs nice, it has an after market pipe that crackles (nice).

but when you ride it down the street, when it gets to twenty mph it revs high but don't speed up .

it's a bit sluggish setting off aswell, as if the clutch is slipping,

(do they even have one) who knows,

it's a 50cc . what can we try next....

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Belt stretched? clutch shoes need deglazing? new clutch springs?

Did different rollers come with aftermarket exhaust?

you have to match the variators to the engine power.

have you changed the contra spring? red seems to be the way to go to maintain the top speed. I'd also do a plug chop with the new spannie.

6.5 grams seems to be the optimum roller weight, and check belt for fraying/slipping

he's fitted weaker springs in clutch and weaker contra spring,

ill see him tomoz for an update, and post back.

he needs a stronger contra spring

Oh aye, while he's messing about inside the tranny casing, tell him to look right at the back of the variator, and if theres still a big washer there, tell him to take it out, as it's a speed restricter washer. You can also leave off the 3 screw roller / ramp cover, as it allows the rollers to go further up the ramps, just be careful when putting the variator, back on mind, and while he's doing all this, tell him to check the rollers for any flat spots on them, and change rollers if he has any. Btw no grease, whatsoever.!!

he new about the washer , he's having a look at the roller/ramp thingy.

we don't finish work until ten ,so when he gets home he will be de-glazing that clutch as its smooth as glass.

the rollers that are in, do have flat serfices but it's all he's got so they will have to wait.

re-update, explinaition, iff he sets off slow ie minimum throttle it gains speed, and gets up to thirtyish,

but iff he snaps the throttle open it revs higher but slows down. if he sets of with full throttle it is very slow and doesn't pick up speed.

he also has two belt drives , ? a thick one , and a thin one.

he new about the washer , he's having a look at the roller/ramp thingy.

we don't finish work until ten ,so when he gets home he will be de-glazing that clutch as its smooth as glass.

the rollers that are in, do have flat serfices but it's all he's got so they will have to wait.

re-update, explinaition, iff he sets off slow ie minimum throttle it gains speed, and gets up to thirtyish,

but iff he snaps the throttle open it revs higher but slows down. if he sets of with full throttle it is very slow and doesn't pick up speed.

he also has two belt drives , ? a thick one , and a thin one.

Aye it's sounding like new rollers are in order, tell him to look for Malossi ones, and it's important to get the right weight rollers for his sports exhaust (may need plug chops to get right mind) and deglazing the clutch shoes will be a big help too, but the 2 belts? thats a new one to me, sounding like a new belt too, but tell him to avoid forking out for Kevlar ones, a decent heavy duty one such as Polini will do.

Nev

good evening ladies,

he de-glazed the very shiney clutch, de-greased the bell housing, then gave it a run .???

still the same

,, it has a leovince TT exhaust with 3 gram rollers, running on std variiator + belt.

im told the two different belts ie thick N thin , the thick one rides higher on the veriator to assist the gearing ( or sumot)

he's off to the breakers this weekend to try some different rollers , as he can try b4 he buys from them .

he's thinking it's more geared up for top end speed .

well thats it for now.

those weights sound too light for me and the contra spring, is that lighter than standard?

yes it is lighter, he removed the red spring to test a theory out, (fuck nose what theory i didn't ask).

as i said in the last post he will try some different rollers over the weekend ,and see what happens.

well, cheers for your input lads,

he has stuck with the weaker contra spring and clutch springs,

but yesterday he tried 9 gram rollers but they felt wrong

so he tried 6 gram rollers, and the bike pulls a lot better and gets up to around 5o-55mph.

so he's happy at that , thanks again lads..

well, cheers for your input lads,

he has stuck with the weaker contra spring and clutch springs,

but yesterday he tried 9 gram rollers but they felt wrong

so he tried 6 gram rollers, and the bike pulls a lot better and gets up to around 5o-55mph.

so he's happy at that , thanks again lads..

C'mon NEV get the bullshit meter out!

:eusa_think: i havn't tried it myself , it's what boney rob told me. my passola does 45mph with me on it ,

and thats all original,(except removel of air restrictor) so i would expect spending a bloody fortune on a newish bike would produce that extra 10mph,

or am i being over optimistic.

well i never,?

guess what the cheeky cunts gone and done,,,

after all "YOUR" time and effort in helping out,,

he's sold it for a massive proffit.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online