Sr125 starter soleniod driving me mental.

alig44
This post is 4736 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys new to the forum. I have been working on my own bikes for about 10 years now and i recently picked a sr 125 for my fiancee to learn on. The bike was fine for a few weeks and then the problem started. Before i start i have done the following.

Replaced with brand new battery

Fully charged and is holding charge fine

Replaced starter soleniod

Cleaned battery connections

Clean starter switch

Changed spark

Clean fuel

And still the bike just clicks in the soloneiod. It bumps fine but not much use for her out on her test. The solenoid clicks and you can feel it when you touch it. The bike will sometime start on the button and when it does starts and runs fine. Its a 98 and has done 12000 miles. Everything else works fine. Ive worked on lots of bikes and never had a problem with this sort of thing. i cant put it into a garage as im working on a croft at the moment and dont have the time during the day to take it in.

I dont want to spend the money on a new starter motor as the bikes not really worth spending alot of money on. So any info you can give would be great. I have tried 2 replacement solenoids and i just cant work it out plus the misses is on my back to get it sorted so any help would be great.

Cheers

Ali

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online