My Yamaha RD350LC YPVS F2 1986

AndyDtr08
This post is 4730 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Aye she's a beauty Andy, you had to do much to it? or is that how it came?

Cheers nev, I'm well chuffed. Cosmetically, how she came. The only thing i've had to do was oil the throttle cable as it was sticking, then i put the slides back in the wrong carbs and it would only fire on one pot until i worked out why *sheepish look*. I originally wanted something that i could peice together myself but this was such a barghain i couldnt say no and i've still got the 200 to be getting on with. Got someone coming to look at the DT125RE tomorrow morning so hopefully will have the funds and space to be able to move that along soon. Going to tenerife on monday for a couple of weeks though so have been made to save money for that by the girlfriend and not spend too much on bike parts!

Oh the only other thing i need to do is sort the exhausts. I think i have a bit of a leak but i need to take them off anyway to fit the centre stand i picked up on ebay. I went over to the breakfast club at goodwood on sunday with the VJMC guys and she got quite alot of attention. The only other rd350 there was a custom one on which someone had decided to produce a window in the clutch cover!?!?!?!? Why, i'm not quite sure but it was nice to stand there with many around looking at this one and think....."mines nicer" :P

Another 2 stroke in good hands :jossun:

If you have a leaky exhaust fix it and fast its a killer on these, (TDR/TZR 250) gaskets are a good upgrade.

And the centre stand, If you really want it fine, but its ugly, hard work to use and decks out real easy. It also rattles and bangs like a bastard unless you have the rubbers for the exhaust.

nice one andy,

i did that ,? put the sliders in the wrong carbs on my lc . frustrating isn't it.

make sure you use the right spings on the pipes , if it has them , as i used some that , erm ? well sorta fit. it popped and farted until i put the correct ones on. good luck with it. and : ride it like you stole it: it's what they were made for.

The centre stand on the RD350 rests on a big rubber stop to keep it off the exhausts, this means it hangs low, it also has a big hook shaped thing for you foot to press to use it. All this means that when you wind it on in a good corner it hits the ground or 'decks out'. I took the centre stand off the RD i had. Didn't throw it out just temp fitted it for wheel changes etc.

Its big time scary when it catches the floor...

As to the killer comment i was refering to the motor, you are well aware that strokers use the exhaust to create the power. The leaky exhaust, It has the same effect as a dodgy carb. The leak will make that cyl go lean and you can guess the rest. Aside from anything else it make a right mess of the front of the motor.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online