Carb problems

triton john
This post is 4738 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

A lot of us from time to time have all sorts of grief with carbs and their internall organs being gummed up due to modern fuels particularly after a long lay up. Whilst it would be nice to have a monster size sonic cleaner it is a big investment for little return in the home shed/garage/workshop sooooooooooooo what to do ?

I trawled around for some time to find a sonic cleaner at a decent price but to no avail. Then as luck would have it - bout time I had some luck - a mate who is a tattoo artist showed me the sonic cleaner he uses and it cost only £24 ! OK it's not big enough to get a complete carb in but you can take the carb apart and do it in stages. I have had a 36mm Amal in it with not too much trouble after stripping down and it works just fine.

The company I got mine from is based in Tamworth - not sure if I can advertise them on the site - anyway its not hard to find tattoo suppliers on the web/thomsons phone book is it ?

Just thought it might be worth passing on the info. :hyper:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online