New Addition....

YamaHead
This post is 7178 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Went for a 240+ mile round-trip trek to retrieve this for the latest addition to my YamaGarage B)

My_XT.jpgMy_XT2.jpg

It's an '82 XT550 (a bit older I know)....that I found on Ebay. It was the 1st bike that I found that was located in Oregon, so I could eliminate the shipping fee's......only cost me $30 in fuel for my truck, to get it. ;) The interesting scenario is that I was outbid in the last half a minute of the auction, but it still didn't reach the $1000 reserve that was set. So I called the seller on the phone & offered him $800 cash.....& he took it! B)

It runs great!...has all new UFO plastic, along with Bark Busters. The fuel tank is dented on both sides, but not too bad. I'm now saving for an aftermarket large capacity Black plastic tank & possibly some Metzeler Tourances for it.

Eventually, I want to convert the front to a disc brake set-up, & add an aftermarket tail-pipe & exhaust can to it also. B)

I'll get some more current pics of it, posted as time goes on. ;)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Rode it in the dark for the 1st time last night........Headlight works great! B)

Especially through some of the Thickest FOG I've ever seen! :blink:

It definitely has turned out to be THEE ticket for everyday commuting......goes Anywhere for less money! :thumb:

how do you like riding it? more fun than the xj?

Definitely scores big on the FUN meter Alan B)

The only thing that the XJ does better is overtaking @ freeway speeds ;)

So I'll probably keep the XJ @ least until I get back from Monterey in July ;)