New Brake Line

MarktheMuffin
This post is 4638 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have just fitted a beaded brake line on my rear brake, all was working fine before i did this but now i have no back brake. I have bleed it correctly and when pumped the brake works but after no more than a minuet it's back to no brake, at the moment i have a screw driver wedged in to keep the rear brake lever down over night to see if it will get rid of any air bubbles. Anyone got any tips on this matter, the bike is a 93 YZF 750r

Thanks

Mark

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If it goes firm after a few pumps then you've still got air in the line somewhere.

Back brakes are a pain in the ar$e to bleed, mostly because the lines run close to horizontal and wee bubbles can get trapped almost anywhere, so ....

1. Remove caliper, put a chock in between the pads and hang the caliper from somewhere around the seat to get the hose nearer vertical. Bleed as normal.

or

2. Remove caliper, chock the pads, drop the caliper down and push fluid up through the bleed nipple with a syringe - watch out for overspill from the reservoir.

The thing to bear in mind is that it's always easier to get the brake fluid moving in the same direction as the bubbles, ie uphill.

HTH

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online