Dt2 wiring diagram

Retrohowla
This post is 4578 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys, does anyone have a colour wiring diagram for a 1972 dt2? I did get sent a link from a kind chap on the enduro forum but i no longer seem to be able to access the forum or and links i was sent :( I think it must be a proxy server issue or something??

Anyway, im stuck on a few items with my loom and could really use someone's help here.

Any advice would be gratefully received

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Brilliant, thank you!

I dont suppose you would know what the extra live wire is for that comes out of the loom next to the air box do you? It's not shown on the schematic?

I'll have a look on Mine :-)

What colour wire is it? i know there is a spare wire, depending on whether you use the daytime or night charging circuit. is it it either green or green& red?

I have a colour diagram i can e-mail you if you want. (its too big to upload here)

also found the chassis dating info: your bike is a 1972 DT2 :

DT2 Year: 1972 Start Engine#: DT1F-105101

So it will be ither silver or orange

Chris.

Thanks Chris, its a red wire im trying to identify, it come out of the main loom, not the engine loom.

I would love a colour diagram, im at [email protected] that would be great thank you.

As for the bikes year, i identified it from a tread on the Yamahaenduro forum about a week or so ago when i ran into trouble with some parts i ordered, that forum has some great info on it but i cant seem to get on it any more?

Original colour is orange i think

Thanks again :) your a star

Well i got the bike together and running today, not without a few hiccups though.

It was jumping out of gear all the time, turns out the previous owner had lost the selector drum locating dowel so i had to make a new one, shes all good now.

Got it moted today, then on the way home all the lights blew :( Back to square one with the electrics i guess!

• Like 1

That red wire,,, the spare" thers a loop magnito- rectifier- battery, , on most dt"s . did you find where it went,,?

No i didnt? I figured this was the cause of the lights blowing but dont know what its for?

I have the rectifier connected (up by the coil yes?) and obv battery but no idea where the spare wire went?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online